We are excited to share that the applications for the Teen Leadership Team are now open! This is a wonderful opportunity for teens to become more involved in the DIP program and have their voices heard at the studio. Being part of the Teen Leadership Team entails:
- Planning and facilitating events for the teens at ATD to discuss issues around diversity and inclusion
- Doing research projects on diverse dancers in history to share with students and faculty
- Working towards managing a DIP social media account
- Acting as leaders and role models throughout the year
- This group will also serve as a teen advisory group for the Diversity and Inclusion Program, and have opportunities to bring teen concerns to ATD staff.
Teens must be ages 13+ to apply. Applicants must also be able to commit to 5-10 hours/month of administrative work (answering emails, researching dance figures etc.), as well as all meeting and events dates.
Applications close Sunday, September 27, at midnight. All applicants will be notified by Thursday, October 1.
The fall TLT meeting schedule is as follows:
Sunday, October 4, 10-11 AM (Kick-off and Planning Meeting)
Saturday, October 10, 7-8:30 PM (First Event!)
Sunday, October 25, 11-12 PM (Planning Meeting)
Sunday, November 8, 11-12 PM (Planning Meeting)
Sunday, November 15, 10-11:30 AM (Second Event!)
Teen Comment Form
As part of the Diversity and Inclusion program, it’s our goal for teens to feel heard and supported at the ATD. We’ve created this Teen Comment Form as a way for teens to share questions, concerns, or comments with the staff. This form is an anonymous way to voice a concern or share a comment if you don’t feel comfortable talking to a teacher or staff member in person. This form is checked once a week by Mariko. All comments are then shared with Maygan, and all comments are taken seriously.